Sleep for Peace grant
As part of the United Nations International Day of Peace, observed every year on September 21st, Hostelling International (HI) launched the Sleep for Peace campaign. As part of this awareness program, national HI associations around the world launched activities promoting the role played by travelling in contributing to world peace and cultural understanding.
Since 2016, HI Canada collects $1 for each night booked at participating hostels on the night of September 21st. The money raised is donated to YTF to be distributed in the form of Sleep for Peace grant.
Deadline to submit an application : August 21th, 2018
Grant amount : $1,000
• The video must explore the theme ''travel conscious'' and last up to one minute
• The participant, Canadian or permanent resident, must be between 18 and 35 years old at the time of submitting the video
• The application must be submitted by August 21st, 2018
• The participant must have all the rights to the video
• The winning video will be selected by an internal jury