Sleep for Peace
As part of the United Nations International Day of Peace, observed every year on September 21st, Hostelling International (HI) launched the Sleep for Peace initiative. As part of this awareness program, national HI associations around the world launch activities promoting the role played by travelling in contributing to world peace and cultural understanding. In 2016, HI Canada joined the campaign by collecting $1 for each night booked at participating hostels on the night of September 21st, 2016. The money raised was donated to the Youth Travel Foundation to be distributed in the form of Sleep for Peace travel grants.
In 2017, a $1,000 grant was awarded to a team of young video makers who submitted a 1 minute video exploring the themes of travel, world peace, tolerance and inclusion. Here is the winning video :
Congratulation to Kevin & Billy, as well as all contestants of the 2017 Sleep for Peace edition!
• The video must explore the themes of peace, openness and travel and last up to one minute
• The participant, Canadian or permanent resident, must be between 18 and 35 years old at the time of submitting the video
• The application must be submitted by deadline
• The participant must have all the rights to the video
• The winning video will be selected by an internal jury
Good luck to the finalists!